Monday 5 January 2015

Self-Confidence

"How can I have more self- confidence in the future?"

So many people have low self-esteem, especially people in their teenage years. They don't like how they look, they criticise their talents, they downgrade themselves.
 
I haven't seen one magazine, one online clothes store etc. with a larger woman / man. Every model is slim. Every model is societies definition of perfect and most of ours too. Doing a small task like looking for clothes lowers our self-esteem just that little bit more. But, these images we are shown are false. Those models don't have completely clear skin or 'perfect' figures. Photoshop exists. However, even though we know this, it doesn't stop us picking out our own flaws.
 
What about that drawing you did in Art the other day? It looked good at first. You were proud of it until you looked at the person next to you; you think theirs is better. Yours turns into a load of messy lines. You pick out everything theirs has that yours doesn't and suddenly it doesn't look so great any more.
 
  • Comparing yourself to others is only going to make you feel bad about yourself. I used to have low self-confidence. I've learnt to like myself a lot more but whenever I compare myself and my skills to other people, I feel like rubbish again. You just have to remember that it would be boring if we were all the same. Love what you have instead of wishing for something you don't.
  • When you stand in front of a mirror I bet you pick out everything wrong with you. For every flaw you see I want you to find something good about you. It doesn't just have to be with looks either. Okay, you dislike your laugh. However, you're a trustworthy person.
  • If you feel good about yourself there's bound to be someone who says a negative comment about you. Just remember to focus on the positives rather than that one negative. The person is probably jealous, please don't take any notice.
You are amazing and beautiful. You deserve to be happy so please don't think the opposite. I hope one day you will learn to love yourself. 
To those of you who are starting to / do like yourself for you, that's great! Don't be ashamed to be happy with who you are.
 
************
 
I hope this helped!
Remember to leave a comment if you have any more advice on this topic.
Also, if you need advice on something email me / comment that below too.
 
See you on Monday!
 
Jasmine x

11 comments:

  1. Your blog is really good!! I've a blog to if you could take a look it would mean a lot kaytrentoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for these tips! I have really low self esteem and do all the bad things you mentioned and it is one of my goals this year to do all the things you have said. Thankyou :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're amazing. I really hope you feel better about yourself soon x

      Delete
  3. Your blog is so thoughtful, your right you have to be happy with yourself, not try and make other people happy!!

    Meme xx
    thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm In love with your posts! Opinion on mine ?http://littlemissblogery.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete