Monday 12 January 2015

New Years Resolutions / 2015 Goals

 
I know it's the 12th January and probably very late to be posting this but hey ho, I'm doing it anyway.
 
I've read many people's posts about their new years resolutions and it's been really interesting to see what everyone wants to achieve this year. Instead of the boring 'Grow my hair' or 'stop biting my nails' etc. people have put more thought into what outcomes they want by the end of this year and it's great to see how creative people have been.
 
Without further or do, here are mine!
 
1. Reach 100 followers on my blog.
 It's quite ambitious but hopefully, if I work hard enough and put a lot of effort into my posts, I could achieve it. This ties in with another of my resolutions: work hard on my blog. I want to have something I'm proud of and something that I can look back on and see how much I've grown. Also, I hope to help you guys a bit and please you with my posts. I don't want to be publishing rubbish posts because I won't be proud and I don't think you'd all be happy about that.
 
2. Worry less about what people think.
A lot of the decisions I made in 2014 were influenced by what others would think. I was worried about people judging me which stopped me doing many things. I know I could have a lot more fun if I didn't let people's thoughts hold me back. There's a quote I really like "Guide me but never hold me down". It doesn't completely fit with this resolution but in some ways it does. Of course it's good to think of others and to listen to what they have to say but they shouldn't control your life. In the end, do what you want to do and try to make the best of everything. Don't let them stop you doing things.
 
3. Try harder in school.
I've kind of ruined this one slightly already but I'll pretend that I didn't.
I'm in my final 2 years of school which means I have my GCSE's (exams) coming up. I really want to do well because I would feel very bad if I knew I could have done better. I don't pay much attention in some classes and I feel like if I concentrated I would understand things a lot more.
This also includes doing work outside of school like revision and homework. I'm one of those people that leaves everything to the last minute and ends up getting stressed and completing things to a low standard. I know it's so much better to do things earlier and I need to stop procrastinating.
 
4. Say yes.
I spent the majority of last year in my bedroom on my phone. It was a waste of my time and I didn't experience as much as I could have. This year I want to go out and do more things, make more memories. When someone used to ask me to meet up I'd pretend I was busy for the pure fact I'm lazy. I would refuse simple things like going on a walk with my family because I would rather be on social media. It took up too much of my year so I'm going to start saying yes more; who knows what great opportunities could come up.
 
************
 
I hope you enjoyed this post! It's a little bit different from usual but I wanted to change it up so my posts are more varied.
Comment one of your new years resolutions / goals below.
If you need advice on something you can email me or comment that below too. I might just answer it in a post.
See you next Monday!
 
Jasmine x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. These are really good goals, I have nominated you for The Infinity Dreams Award, check out my latest post.

    Meme xx

    thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got a post for that going up soon x

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your blog, I'm sure you'll do a great job if you keep working at it.

    Hope you manage to achieve your 2015 goals :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice goals,,, besides i followed you on Google plus .. please follow back. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. really good goals to have, good luck in 2015!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete